Sunday, June 05, 2005

AUCTIONS APOLOGY

So, I made the decision to delay the auctions until the end of June.
Why? You may ask.

Firstly I have just come to the end of my first proper two weeks of holiday for a while, and am about to return to the new job I began at the start of May.

I've invested a lot of effort in the job, and I have four weeks to get ready for the full time, five days a week launch of the St Mary's Hospital A&E alcohol liaison work. That's what I do for a living. I know you thought I was a full time comics nerd. Or what Larry Young once flatteringly called an "internet ubiquity" (or was it ominpresence?).

I've realised in the last few days that although doing Just 1 Page is fun, it takes up time which I could better use to relax with Karen. And do selfish things that don't require me to do "stuff" for other people. And besides, no-one bought Just 1 Page, so I would have to find the time to promote it, and before that learn how to promote it.

So, I am putting Just 1 Page auctions on ice until the last week of June (when I have a week off work to have a birthday, see Patti Smith a few times and go up to Bromsgrove for a family barbeque.

This will enable me to set up all the auctions in advance and REALLY think about the running order (and it gives me a bit longer with all the lovely art).

email me if you want to help, moan or otherwise comment.

Three people did.

No comments: